October 30, 1887 Highland, San Bernardio,California - Died August
31, 1967 - Nickname: "Will"
Bill lived in Riverside County for 61 years.
William moved to Elsinore in 1906. He worked for H. H. Niemann for
4 years as a butcher and ice man.
In 1910, George (William's brother) and Will
purchased slaughterhouse in Temecula from Herman Vogel.
Year 1911, Will married Jessie Swanguen in the
Town Hall in Temecula on 4th st.
Year 1915, Will purchased business from his brother
George. Will sold the business in 1942.
Between 1946 and 1950, Will spent 2 years in
the Cattle Business in Madera, California and 2 years raising Alfafa
and etc. in Hemet, California.
Year 1950 Jessie and Will returned to Temecula
and bought back the slaughterhouse. Will operated the slaughterhouse
and meat department at the old M&M market for 5 years.
Will sold the business again in 1957 and retired
Will served for 21 years on the Board of Trustees
for the Temecula School system. Note: Temecula School was built
Will also served 4 years on the Elsinore Board
of Trustees for the Elsinore School System. Note: He gave Pat Friedemann
her High School diploma.
Will and Jessie were original members of the
Murrieta Bridge Club when it was formed in 1926.
Will and Jessie were Charter members of the Mt.
Rubidoux White Shrine #31 of Riverside organized in 1938.
Will was Past Master in 1924 of Elsinore Masonic
Lodge 289. He was Past Patron 3 times in 1926,1936 and 1941 of Elsinore
the early 1920's Will was president for many years of the Masonic
Building Assoc. which administered the Building of the Elsinore
Will is in the Temecula Cemetery put there on
September 5, 1967.
Johann Gottfried Friedemann born 1803 --his son
Johann Ferdinand Friedemann Born 1828. Both were from Patschwig,
Saxony, Germany. Johann entered New York in 1848.
Will had two brothers George , Ernest , ½ brother
Albert and 3 sisters Alma, Elsie, Elizabeth.
There is an Ed. H. Friedemann in Novato and a
Maxwell Friedemann in Denver, Col.
Ernest Friedemann was in the US Army (W.W. I
) in 1916.
The original owners of the Temecula Meat Packing
Plant (slaughterhouse) were Charlie and Bob North,brothers. They
also owned a meat market in downtown Temecula on Front street.